Over the years, we’ve observed that homeowners typically fall into one of two camps when it comes to exterior house painting. One camp says, “There’s no way I would try to paint my own house. I don’t have the time, equipment, tools, or any desire to get sunburned for half a summer on a stepladder.”
The other camp says, “How hard can it really be? I bet I could knock it out in a weekend or two…”
If you’re in the first camp, we applaud you. It’s easy to get in over your head quickly, sometimes wasting a lot of time and product on a project that either will need to be corrected or just won’t last very long.
If you’re in the second camp, we have a little food for thought for you.
Why Hire a Professional Painting Company?
- Safety – There’s a reason why responsible painting companies invest heavily in the right tools, training, certifications, and safety equipment. Ours is a potentially dangerous industry!
- Fully-Insured – If your painting company isn’t licensed and insured, they shouldn’t be trusted with your project.
- Surface Preparation – Many homeowners don’t realize that a major portion of a successful painting project is attributed to thorough preparation. This often involves carpentry work, rot repair, patching, sanding, and more. If this is skipped or minimized, your exterior paint will never last as long or look as good as it could have.
- Speed – A team of pros can wrap up your project in a relatively short time, weather permitting. This will leave you with plenty of time for things that you find more fun than painting (probably a long list!).
- Cleanliness – A thorough painting process involves implementing containment strategies as well, avoiding the accumulation of messy flakes, chips, and debris.
- Warranties – We’re assuming you won’t offer yourself a warranty. A professional painting company will provide a guarantee for extra peace of mind.
- Longevity – A skillful paint job lasts a long time, but this kind of longevity requires that all of the right, fundamental steps be taken along the way.
Are You Planning a House Painting Project in Westchester or Fairfield Counties?
If so, give us a call at A.G. Williams Painting Company! It would be our pleasure to serve you, putting well over a century’s worth of expertise, experience, and craftsmanship into your home.