We recently wrote an article that outlines the importance of investing in a reputable, higher-end painting company, even if theirs isn’t the cheapest estimate in the pile. Analyzing cost versus value makes it clear that the benefits of a job well done offsets a higher price tag, and then some. In case you missed it, you can click over to the article right here.
One of the reasons we gave is the fact that a reputable painting contractor will utilize better materials rather than cut corners in an effort to cut costs.
Let’s camp on that a little longer today.
What Are the Benefits of Using High-Quality Exterior Paint?
If it’s true that you get what you pay for, well, what are you getting?
- Increased Color Retention – Many homeowners don’t realize (much to their dismay later) that bargain brand paints often don’t stay as true to their original form. They can morph over time, causing that color you fell in love with to become a thing of the past in a mottled kind of way.
- Durability – Your paint works harder than you think… More on this below!
- Longevity – Call us crazy, but we like paint that lasts. A quality product works hard, looks great, and provides a much longer lifespan. In turn, this increases your savings over time.
- Application and Coverage – If you have ever dabbled in painting, you know that a product that covers well is worth its weight in gold. Thanks to the better ingredients premium paint contains, you’ll find that your paint goes a lot further than low-end alternatives.
Exterior Paint Isn’t Just There for Style and Curb Appeal
Yes, it adds personality and style, but exterior house paint has a whole lot more than that on its to-do list:
- It’s a shield, protecting against moisture intrusion, pests (even termites!), premature decay, mold, mildew, and more…
- Increases the lifespan of your siding
- Protects against UV rays
- Offers a high return on investment
Are You Ready to Discuss Your Own Interior or Exterior Painting Project?
Take your time, do your research, and find a local painting company that you feel comfortable partnering with. And yes, be sure to ask what their paint product of choice is, and why!